EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children - Virtual
This intriguing and enjoyable workshop focuses on basic and advanced skills in using EMDR therapy with children. Dr. Adler-Tapia explains how to change the language of EMDR therapy to meet the child’s developmental needs and how to specifically apply the eight phases with children.
Time and Location
Jul 25, 2020, 8:30 AM – Jul 26, 2020, 4:30 PM
About the Event
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the AIP Model with children.
2. Demonstrate child “languaging” for the 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
3. Describe child-oriented methods for resourcing, cognitive interweaves, and mapping.
4. Create a treatment plan using Attachment Genograms, Mapping, and Reverse Protocol.
5. Describe “Launching targets into the future.”
6. Explain the stages of child development through the lens of the AIP Model.
7. Describe EMDR therapy application to complex cases in specialty areas with diagnoses
of ADHD, Giftedness, OCD, Attachment, Sexual Reactivity, and Dissociation.
8. Apply EMDR therapy with children and families in the child welfare system.