Thu, Feb 27|
Dallas Baptist University
EMDR & the Art of Psychotherapy With Children: Infants to Adolescents
Based on the book and treatment manual of the same name, this intriguing and enjoyable workshop will focus on basic and advanced skills in adhering to the 8 phases of EMDR therapy with children. Dr. Robbie includes creative skills to incorporate play therapy for children of all ages.
Time and Location
Feb 27, 2020, 8:00 AM – Feb 28, 2020, 5:00 PM
Dallas Baptist University, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX 75211, USA
About the Event
Dr. Adler-Tapia will present case conceptualization through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Theory (AIP). She will explain how to change the language of EMDR therapy to meet the child’s developmental needs, and how to specifically apply the 8 phases with children. Participants will learn how to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and create child-oriented methods for resourcing and stabilization skills along with Cognitive and Motor Interweaves. There may also be a discussion, time allowing, of child development theory as it applies to the AIP theory. Participants may consult with Dr. Adler-Tapia on how to use EMDR therapy with complex cases with a variety of special topic areas, including: ADHD, giftedness, attachment, dissociation, and sexual reactivity.
Workshop Objectives :
- Conceptualize the AIP Model with children from infants to adolescents.
- Demonstrate child languaging for implementing the goals and objectives of the 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
- Describe child-oriented methods for advanced resourcing, cognitive interweaves, and Mapping.
- Develop treatment plan using Attachment Genograms, Mapping, and the Reverse Protocol created by Dr. Robbie.
- Describe “Launching targets into the future” in order to develop coping skills for kids to develop skills to manage traumatic events.
- Explain the stages of child development through the lens of the AIP Model.
- Describe EMDR therapy application to complex cases in specialty areas with diagnoses of ADHD, Giftedness, OCD, Attachment, Sexual Reactivity, and Dissociation.
- Learn to provide EMDR therapy with children and families in the child welfare system.
- $305 if received before 01/27/20
- $325 thereafter
This workshop is limited to 75 participants – early registration is advised.
Cancellation policy: Cancellation Policy:
- There will be a $25 processing fee if you cancel 30 days before the event.
- There will be a $50 processing fee if you cancel within 30 days of the event.
- NO refunds if you cancel 7 days before the event.