Thu, Mar 30|
Branford Fire Headquarters
HAUNTED: EMDR Therapy for Emergency Responders and Public Safety Personnel (1)
HAUNTED: EMDR Therapy for First Responders & Public Safety Personnel including the Military, Veterans & Law Enforcement
Time and Location
Mar 30, 8:00 AM EDT – Mar 31, 5:00 PM EDT
Branford Fire Headquarters, 45 N Main St, Branford, CT 06405, USA
About the Event
Date: March 30-31, 2023
Location: Branford Fire Headquarters 45 N. Main Street, Branford, CT 06405
Price: $295 for those that register early (before March 15, 2023) and $325 thereafter
This workshop will focus on basic and advanced skills in adhering to the EMDR protocol in the treatment of first responders exposed to trauma in the line of duty. The practice of caring for the emotional and physical needs of professionals exposed to life and death situations and the most difficult of human suffering takes its toll on those in the trenches. In these inimitable circumstances, the exposure can lead to direct traumas and/or vicarious trauma for the professional. By working in law enforcement, fire sciences, emergency services, 911 operators, emergency room staff (including doctors and nurses), child welfare workers, and even psychotherapists, these professionals experience direct or secondary trauma from their work environment. Case conceptualization will be presented through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP) adhering to the EMDR 8 phase protocol. This interactive workshop includes videos, and didactic material, to deepen participants’ understanding of how to implement EMDR and enhance their skills in working with first
- Sign in: 8:00-8:30 am
- Lecture: 8:30 – noon
- Lunch: noon – 1:00 pm
- Lecture: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Full Completion of an EMDRIA Approved Basic EMDR Training is required.
- Current research is limited to application of EMDR to trauma-related disorders.
- This workshop is held in facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please notify the local sponsor if special accommodations are needed.
- Attendance at the full day training is required in order to receive CEs. No partial credit will be given.
Handouts will be provided that will include the abstract, outline content, and Learning Objectives for use in license renewal.
EMDRIA: 14 continuing education credits approved for those who have completed an EMDRIA-approved Basic Training program. EMDRIA credits are available.
- There will be a $25 processing fee if you cancel 30 days before the event.
- There will be a $50 processing fee if you cancel within 30 days of the event.
- NO refunds if you cancel 7 days before the event.
**Please send documentation of completion of an EMDRIA Approved Basic EMDR Training to firstname.lastname@example.org **
$295 for those that register early (before 7/31/19) and $315 thereafter.