Thu, Apr 02|
Haunted Virtual Training
This workshop will focus on basic and advanced skills in adhering to the 8 phases of EMDR therapy in the treatment of first responders exposed to trauma in the line of duty.
Time and Location
Apr 02, 2020, 8:00 AM MST – Apr 03, 2020, 5:00 PM MST
About the Event
The practice of caring for the emotional and physical needs of professionals exposed to life and death situations and the most difficult of human suffering takes its toll on those in the trenches. In these inimitable circumstances, the exposure can lead to direct traumas and/or vicarious trauma for the professional. By working in law enforcement, fire sciences, emergency services, 911 operators, emergency room staff (including doctors and nurses), child welfare workers, and even psychotherapists, these professionals experience direct or secondary trauma from their work environment. Case conceptualization will be presented through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP) adhering to the 8 phases of EMDR therapy. This interactive workshop includes videos, and didactic material, to deepen participants’ understanding of how to implement EMDR therapy and enhance their skills in working with first responders.
- Define AIP Theory specifically as it applies to working with emergency responders.
- Identify at least 3 assessment tools for evaluating trauma in emergency responders exposed to line of duty and vicarious traumatization
- Describe ethical, legal, and forensic issues unique to this population
- Define trauma and diagnostic issues with PTSD.
- List symptoms of trauma in emergency responders
- List 5 treatment tools to employ with emergency responders exhibiting symptoms of trauma
- Describe the flow of the EMDR therapy with law enforcement, Firefighters, emergency responders
- Create and implement a targeting sequence plan specifically for working with first responders using the “Parade of Faces” metaphor
- Identify and formulate useful cultural and religious interventions & interweaves as tools
- Therapists will recognize the need to work though cultural and religious paradigms to assist first responders who are regularly exposed to traumatic grief and loss to come to an adaptive resolution for each call.
- Apply the EMDR Reverse Protocol with First Responders
- Effectively implement the EMDR Crisis Response Protocol with Emergency Responders
- $225 if received before 03/15/20
- $250 thereafter
Note: Please note the training times are based on Arizona time zone.
- There will be a $25 processing fee if you cancel 30 days before the event.
- There will be a $50 processing fee if you cancel within 30 days of the event.
- NO refunds if you cancel 7 days before the event.